Have you ever wondered why there are so many vegetarians in America and why they have different titles for different vegetarians? Let’s find out what kinds of vegetarians are out there and what kinds of vegetarians your friends are.
- Flexitarian: Flexible + Vegetarian
- Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian: Lacto is from the Latin word for milk and Ovo is from the Latin word for egg.
- Pesco-Vegetarian, Pescatarian, or Pescetarian: Pesce means fish in Italian.
- Raw Food Vegan: Raw means uncooked in English.
- Semi-Vegetarian: Semi means half in Latin.
The definitions are not the same everywhere and it is possible to have more types of them in the future. Aren’t you sure what kinds of vegetarians your friends are yet? Let’s study more here!