Need English classes? Read the information below:
University Settlement, Adult Literacy Program
175 Eldridge St. (between Rivington and Delancey), New York, NY 10002
Free English Classes 2017 – 2018
Important Information about English Classes:
- Registration will start on May 1st, 2017 and continue into September.
- Open for Registration: Monday through Friday, 9:30AM – 4:00PM
- Classes will start in September 2017 and will end in June 2018. Classes are about 9-10 months long.
- Attendance is mandatory. Students with poor attendance cannot continue to take classes at the program.
- Classes begin on time. If you are consistently late, you will receive a warning letter of dismissal from the program.
- Classes are first-come, first-serve. There will be a waiting list when all classes are full.
- Classes are free and the program will provide textbooks.
- Classes are not bilingual (English only) and students are encouraged to speak English only.
- There are many different levels (Beginner and Intermediate Levels.)
- For registration, students need to fill out an application form, goals form, and take a short test on speaking.
- Students do not need to bring any personal documents.
This is the tentative 2017-2018 schedule:
- Daytime classes: Mondays to Thursdays and some Fridays, 9AM – 11AM OR 11AM – 1PM
- OR Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9AM-11:00AM OR 11AM – 1PM
- (Daytime students have to come in on some Fridays for program workshops and tests)
- Evening Classes: Tuesdays to Thursdays, from 6:30PM – 9PM
- Weekend Classes: Saturdays and Sundays, 9:30AM – 12:30PM
By subway: B D trains to Grand St., or F J M Z trains to Delancey St./Essex St.