Many people understand physical (body) health, but for many years, there has been a stigma1 on mental health. In order to break the stigma, or change people’s bad thoughts about mental health, the month of May is mental health awareness month.
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month we will discuss burnout.
Being burned out means feeling empty and mentally exhausted, with no of motivation.
Some ways to fight burnout are:
- Get Enough Sleep
- Adults aged 18-60 need at least 7 hours of sleep to rest your brain and body!
- Moving your body will help release some stress and get happy chemicals to flow to your brain.
- Practicing yoga and/or mindful breathing
- Yoga and mindful breathing can help you focus, reset, and relax.
- Start by breathing in slowly for and count to four. Hold your breath for four seconds and finally breath out slowly for four seconds.
- Taking Breaks
- Your body needs breaks to relax and reset.
- Talk to someone you trust and love about your situation.
- Talking to someone about your experiences can help you feel more at ease. They can comfort you and make you feel like you are not alone. Because they know you well, they may even have ways that can YOU fight your burnout.
Comment below on some way you fight burnout!