Hi, everyone. You are invited to join a Reading Club on December 15 at 1PM held by our partner, The New York Public Library. Register here: https://www.nypl.org/events/programs/2021/12/15/adult-basic-reading-club-december-15th.
One of our Board Members, Andrew Zhu visited our advanced English classes last week and shared some career tips with the our students. He talked about:
- Intro to why he is there
- Explain what a Board member is
- His background
- Why he decided to join the Board
- Background on his job
- Career Advice
- How to find a job / learn about a job
- Resume Tips
- Common Interview Tips
- Open up for Questions
Thanks for setting this up, Ali – great job and the students enjoyed it!
Phrasal verbs are short expressions of 2 words that act as one action.
Their meaning is not the same as the meaning of the 2 words separately.
Here are some examples:
Take a Quiz to see which ones you know:
Our classes, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2P, E1, E2, W1 and W2 went or are going on library tours at Seward Park Library. The students learned or are going to learn how to use the New York Public Library. The students who didn’t have a NYPL card also received or are going to receive their new card. Here are some pictures taken by our 1B and 1C teacher, Joe during the tours.
On Monday, November 15th, classes 3A and 3P (daytime) were treated to a workshop on the three branches of government presented by the Chinese Progressive Association. Our language learners always get more than just an education of English. Our program also provides regular workshops, such as this one, on topics related to the community and American culture as these are relevant to students’ lives.
Free Flu shots will be provided by Mt. Sinai Hospital on Tuesday, November 16th starting at 10 am. If you would like to sign up, please email our Older Adults program at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and cell number and they will provide you with a time slot. Please note the following:
· You must wear a mask through the whole process in order to get vaccinated.
· Make sure you wear appropriate clothes to be able to get your arm in and out easily for vaccination.
· No fever the day of vaccination.
· You must show up ON TIME for your scheduled time slot, not before, not after, or you won’t be able to get the flu shot.
· Social distancing will be maintained and required the whole time.
· Your visit will only take between 15-20 minutes with a pre-safety screening, form filling out, and immunization.
· Be prepared to be standing the whole time as the process moves fast.
· You will be receiving the STANDARD FLU SHOT, which is quadrivalent and ok for anyone 18 years and older.
· If you have received the COVID-19 Vaccination within 2 weeks of your scheduled flu shot date, we suggest you wait to get the flu shot until a later time frame.
· No insurance is needed, this is a FREE flu vaccination.